42 years on, 65-Year-Old Man held in 1984 Murder case | Delhi News


42 years on, 65-Year-Old Man held in 1984 Murder case

New Delhi: The crime branch has arrested a 65-year-old man who had been absconding for over 42 years since a murder in 1984.The accused, Natthu, is a resident of Hardoi, Uttar Pradesh. Special CP (Crime) HGS Dhaliwal said that on May 23, 1984, a body bearing multiple knife injuries was recovered from District Park in Vikaspuri, west Delhi. The deceased was later identified as Ashok Kumar, a resident of Sitapur, Uttar Pradesh. During investigation, the involvement of Bhabhuti Prashad, also from Sitapur, came to light. He was arrested and the knife allegedly used in the murder was recovered. However, his co-accused Natthu managed to evade arrest.A police team was formed to trace Natthu. It examined details from old case files and developed leads through field verification, spending several months in Sitapur and Hardoi to establish the accused’s identity, movements and whereabouts. On Aug 18, the team traced Natthu near his native village and apprehended him while he was travelling towards Farrukhabad in the state.Natthu and Prashad were friends, while Ashok and Prashad lived in the same village. Ashok had allegedly made advances towards Prashad’s wife, leading to a dispute. On the night of the incident, after consuming liquor together in a park, Natthu and Prashad allegedly attacked and killed Ashok, police said.During his years on the run, Natthu worked in wholesale vegetable markets at different locations in Uttar Pradesh and maintained a low profile. Police said he never married and lived alone.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *