Gurgaon: The department of town and country planning (DTCP) has rejected a plea in a matter pertaining to a 14-acre project, saying approvals remain legally intact.The plea had challenged the licence and change-of-developer approval for the project in Sector 58.The order was passed on Aug 13 following Punjab and Haryana high court directions of July 7. The court had directed DTCP to decide Advance India Projects’s (AIPL) representation after hearing stakeholders.It had ordered that no further allotments or creation of third-party rights be made until the representation was decided.DTCP heard AIPL, Commander Realtors Pvt Ltd, IREO-related entities and Oberoi Realty Ltd. It examined objections and counter-submissions.AIPL had sought cancellation of licence number 69 of 2025, parent licences and change-of-developer approval.Its objections included allegations concerning non-completion, foreign investment and investigations involving IREO entities.DTCP said its records did not establish any defect in title when the original licences were granted or during their subsequent migration and transfer.It found that the application for transfer, change of developer and migration had been processed under the Haryana Development and Regulation of Urban Areas Act, 1975, the 1976 Rules and applicable policies.The department examined ED and EOW. It noted that the 14.8-acre land was not part of properties covered by ED’s provisional attachment order and that no restraint order preventing the approvals had been placed on record. It noted Oberoi Realty was not named as an accused in the FIR.AIPL relied on a March 2021 memorandum of understanding, claiming rights to develop and market the project.The respondents said AIPL had no title or statutory interest in the parcel and that the MoU was terminated in Jan 2022. They said the approval process was followed.On the FDI issue, DTCP found no violation of Clause 5.2.10 of the Consolidated FDI Policy, 2020.DTCP rejected AIPL’s representation, finding no ground to cancel licence number 69 of 2025 or parent licences. Oberoi Realty said the HC restriction on further allotments and creation of third-party rights had ceased to operate after DTCP’s order.
