BRS Demands Telangana Revenue Minister Resign Over 22A Land List | Hyderabad News


BRS Demands Telangana Revenue Minister Resign Over 22A Land List

Hyderabad: Alleging the state govt has created widespread confusion and anxiety among lakhs of property owners by adding entire colonies and large number of properties in the prohibited list under section 22-A, BRS deputy leader and ex-minister T Harish Rao demanded the resignation of Telangana revenue minister Ponguleti Srinivas Reddy on moral grounds.Harish Rao recalled that the Urban Land Ceiling (ULC) Act was repealed by the then Congress govt in 2008 and that several lands subsequently became regular patta properties, with families living on them for decades. He questioned why an issue that had not existed for nearly 20 years was suddenly being created by the present Congress govt.He alleged that lands covered by exemptions issued through various Government Orders, including around 7,500 lands in Ranga Reddy district and more than 6,000 properties in Medchal, along with HMDA and HUDA lands, had also been included in the prohibited list.Addressing a protest in Malkajgiri demanding the immediate cancellation of the 22A prohibited lands list on Tuesday, Harish Rao said the state govt had anxiety among lakhs of property owners and uncertainty for people across Ranga Reddy, Medchal and other parts of the city.“A government that is supposed to solve people’s problems, has created new problems. If entire colonies are suddenly placed under Section 22A, where should ordinary people go? Should citizens be made to run around govt offices and wear out their footwear to correct mistakes made by the Government?” he asked.Giving an example, the BRS leader said one Ashok from Tilak Nagar, came to know about his property in 22-A only while attempting to sell his 450-square-yard house that the property had been placed in the prohibited list.“People often do not even know that their property has been placed under the prohibited list until they approach the Sub-Registrar’s office to sell it. One does not know how many lakhs of houses and plots have been included in this list,” Harish Rao said.“The revenue minister cannot say that he has no responsibility and blame officials. A major mistake has been committed and now an apology is being offered. Will an apology solve the problems faced by thousands of families? Who added these properties to the list? Who instructed them to do so? Can properties be included arbitrarily and responsibility later be shifted to officials?” he asked.Demanding Srinivas Reddy’s resignation, he asked the state govt to immediately remove all properties that were wrongly included in the 22A prohibited list without requiring fresh applications from affected citizens and without forcing them to make repeated visits to government offices.He said the doors of the BRS Telangana Bhavan would remain open to anyone facing problems related to land, government schemes or their rights.“The Janata Garage at Telangana Bhavan is always open. Anyone facing a problem can come to us. We will stand by you. KCR fought for Telangana and sacrificed everything for the State. The BRS will continue to fight for the rights of the people of Telangana,” Harish Rao said.ends/



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *