Gurgaon: The department of town and country planning (DTCP) will resume its demolition and sealing drive against unauthorised constructions and violations in DLF-3 from Monday.Ahead of the enforcement action, district town planner (enforcement) Amit Madholia on Sunday inspected V Block, Moulsari Avenue Road and adjoining areas and issued a final warning to property owners to remove illegal constructions and stop commercial activities being run from residential properties.Owners were asked to remove unauthorised structures created in stilt parking areas and use the space strictly for parking. He warned that if the violations were not removed by Monday, the department would use earthmoving machinery to demolish the unauthorised structures.Madholia told TOI, “Property owners have already been served show-cause notices, restoration orders and given sufficient time to remove the violations. If the rules are still not followed, direct enforcement action will now be taken. From Monday, the drive will cover both removal of unauthorised construction and action against commercial activities being run in violation of norms.”The demolition and sealing exercise in DLF-3 had remained suspended for the past several days amid the ongoing hearing of related matters before Punjab and Haryana High Court.With the legal proceedings progressing, the department is now bracing up for the enforcement campaign. The renewed drive is expected to focus particularly on illegal structures occupying stilt parking spaces and commercial establishments operating from residential houses in violation of applicable planning regulations.From Aug 17, the enforcement drive will also target residential properties where commercial activities are being carried out in violation of planning norms. Such properties are likely to face sealing action, officials said.“Despite being given sufficient time, if the violations continue, enforcement action will now be taken directly,” the town planner said.The department has previously carried out extensive demolition and sealing operations in DLF-3 and -4 against properties found violating sanctioned building plans and land-use norms. Officials said none of the properties sealed during the earlier drives has been de-sealed so far. The affected buildings continue to remain locked. Several property owners, meanwhile, have approached the HC through fresh petitions seeking relief against the enforcement action.Recent proceedings before the HC have also indicated limited scope for relief in cases involving unauthorised construction and commercial activities being operated from residential premises.Officials said the renewed enforcement drive is also aimed at restoring the intended character of the residential areas in DLF-3.Residents have raised concerns over the conversion of stilt parking spaces into rooms, shops and other structures, which has reduced the availability of parking and increased pressure on already congested internal roads.The department is expected to identify properties where violations continue despite earlier notices and orders.Enforcement teams will inspect the affected pockets before taking action.The exercise is likely to continue over the coming days.
